Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brinley Grace Awtry


Brinley Grace was born Thursday afternoon at 12:38. When we got to the hospital a nurse got all our information and started hooking me up to an IV to help keep me hydrated and a very low dose of pitocin. At 8:30, Dr. Houk came in to break my water. The nurse also up the pitocin. About 15 minutes later, the contractions were getting pretty strong and I was wanting the epideral. I had to wait another hour becasue the anesthesiologist was in a c-section and one more person was already waiting. After I finally got the epideral, I felt soooo much better. About 10:15, a nurse came to check my progress. I was dialated to a 6 and almost all the way efaced. Alex asked if he had time to run to the cafeteria to get a bit to eat. The nurse said he had plenty of time and that I probably had a few more hours until it was time to push. While he was gone, I started to feel a lot more pressure so the nurse decided to check my progress. By the time Alex got back, I was almost to a 10. I was relieved when he made it back to the room. The nurses called Dr. Houk to see if he wanted me to start pushing. He wanted me to wait until he got there. While we were waiting Linda, one of the nurses, said I just might be able to laugh that baby right out. About 12:15, Dr. Houk showed up and I started pushing. While we were waiting for a contraction, Linda told Dr Houk to tell a joke so I would laugh. So a few knock knock jokes were told in between contractions and we were all laughing, even though the jokes weren't that funny. At 12:38, Brinley Grace was born. She was a healthy 6 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long. She has the skinniest and longest fingers and toes I have ever seen on a little baby. We came home friday night and doing well. Just a little sleep deprived.


8 comments:

KT said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful! I hope I get to meet her in person someday! Love the name too!

Anonymous said...

We love you little Brinley Awtry.. We are so glad you have finally arrived..

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. Hope to meet her soon. Our girls will have fun playing together. Congrats! Love you guys.

Amanda said...

Congrats guys!!! Life will never be the same, and you won't want it to be for even a minute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. Hopefully you will start getting some more sleep soon. Well rested parents are happy parents. Enjoy her.

Luckytown said...

Leave it the man to be getting food during labor. I think I went to Subway when we had Hunter! Congrats! She's a cutie!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

She is adorable!! I can't wait until we can all get together for a playdate!!

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the fall efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=vuescan professional edition 8.4.45 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg