Sunday, September 7, 2008

Brinley is 1!

Brinley turned 1 year old yesterday and I can't believe it. This past year has gone by so fast. It is amazing that just one year ago we brought home this 6 lbs 12 oz little bitty baby girl who relied on us for everything. Now she is about 23 lbs, walking all over the place and she wants to do things herself.

We had a polka dot birthday party for her. She had cake and ice cream for the first time and loved it. The top tier was all Brinley's. It took her a minute to dig into it but eventually made a pretty good dent. Her daddy fed her ice cream for the first time too. She wasn't so sure about it being so cold but she kept asking for more. I forgot to empty my memory card before the party and by the time she started digging into her cake it was full. So I don't really have any pictures of that yet. But here are some that I did get.






A funny thing happened last night after Alex and I went to bed. Alex would say a scary thing happened. About 1:30 in the morning we are awakend by a thud thud thud thud.

My side of the story: When I was awakened, I immediately thought about right before I went to bed. I walked out of Brinley's room to ours when I noticed the balloons from Brinley's party in the hallway. I thought a couple things...either they floated into the hallway some how or Alex put them there trying to scare me if I had to get up in the middle of the night. Knowing Alex, I assumed he was trying to scare me and didn't want to tell him that I knew they were there. So immediatelywhen I heard the thudding, I knew it was the balloons getting hit by the ceiling fan and said "how did the balloons float into the room?" Seconds later I hear Alex say "GOOD GOSH!!!" as he jumped. At the same time, I see an outline of a balloon right by his side of the bed. It wasn't until this morning when I realized how much it scared him.

Alex's side of the story: When he was awakened and heard me say something about the balloons, he knew the balloons in the hallway were weighted down and didn't think the balloons in the living room that weren't weighted down could possible make it into our bedroom. The only way it could possible make it down the hallway, around the corner, duck down to make it through the door way and into our room was if someone was carrying it. Seconds later, he saw an outline of a person's head popping up from the side of the bed and yelled. After his eyes adjusted, he could see the dots on the balloons.

We are still puzzled how it made it into our room, but we had a good laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Can't believe a year went by that fast. Looks like a great party!