Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I was starting to feel more confident on getting everything done I wanted to before our baby arrives. After the following conversation with my doctor yesterday, I'm not so sure anymore.

Doc - "You are 2cm. When was your first one born compared to her due date?"
Me - "About a week late."
Doc - "Not going to happen this time."
Me - "I was at a 2 for about 3 weeks with her."
Doc - "Not this one. She is going to come on her own. My guess is October 12th."

That's less then 3 weeks! Might be able to get most of what I need to done. I wasn't completely unsure until he said, "See you in 1 week or sooner."

I'm a list maker and love crossing things off my list. So here is what I have left to do (in whatever amount of time I have left).
  1. I have 2 clients to finish (if I get everything but the one of the reports written, I will be happy).
  2. Finish Brinley's new room: Paint chair rail and put it up, put together her dresser, storage unit and book shelf, move all her stuff over to her new room, convince her to sleep in her new room (she loves going in there just not to sleep yet).
  3. Get ready for the new baby: convert toddler bed back into crib, wash all her clothes and put them away, put car seat in the car.
  4. Pack a suitcase for the hospital.
  5. Clean up my office/new guest room (it has been filled with baby clothes and everything from the guest room that is now Brinley's room. So my office has been in the kitchen the last couple weeks.

1 comment:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I cannot believe you are down to the last few weeks. You didn't look that big last night!! Hope you can get your to-do list accomplished before she gets here!!