Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Couponing Again

The server at work is down so I decided to go to the store again before the cereal sale ended. We are now set on cereal for several weeks. I bought all of this for only $3.42.

This is how I did it.

Cereal was on sale 5 boxes for $12 (or $2.40 a box). If you bought 5 boxes, you got $5 off making it 5 boxes for $7. I had a coupon for 0.70 off one box (fruit loops), $1.50 off 2 boxes of frosted mini wheats, and $1 coupon off 2 boxes frosted mini wheats. This coupon doubled making it $2 off. Final price-5 boxes for $2.80.

Bottle water was $1.29 for a pack of 6 bottles. I had a coupon for $1 off 2 Nestle water packs. This coupon doubled making the final price $.58 for 2 six packs of water.

Freschetta Pizza was on sale for $5.99. I had a coupon for $1 off. The coupon double making the final price $3.99.

Cream of Chicken soup was on sale for $1 each. I had a coupon for $1 off 2 cans. This coupon double making it FREE!

I got the milk for FREE! I had a catalina from last time I bought cereal for free milk. I got 2 more after buying more cereal today!

I also got the bananas for $.01. I had a coupon for free produce up to $1 when I bought a box of Kellogg's cereal.

My total before the gum and any coupons was 24.10. I had a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more. So I grabbed the gum which was on sale for $1.

And that is how I paid $3.42 for all of this. A total savings of 94%. And I get to go get free milk again!


5 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW! That is pretty amazing! I have got to step up my couponing. I can't believe your store doubles coupons over $1. Were you shopping at Homeland?

Kristy said...

Yes, this is at Homeland. They double coupons up to $1. I'm finally getting a good base of coupons and getting used to what to look for and it is paying off.

Kelli said...

I might have to come have some lessons.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Great job!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I am in awe!! Will you teach me? :-)